Top 10 Lycian Way Facts
Lycian Way facts. We have chosen 10 facts about The Lycian Way hiking route. This will give you more information to help choose a Lycian Way Holiday.
Here are our top 10 Lycian Way facts:
- The Lycian Way route opened in 1999.
- Its founder is Kate Clow. A remarkable English Lady who connected a series of old roads and paths between ancient cities across Lycia.
- It is approximately 540 km long.
- The Route runs from Fethiye in the West to Geyibayiri, near Antalya in the East.
- The route is marked with red and white markings and yellow signposts.
- The route often comes down to sea level and beautiful beaches. Offering plenty of opportunities to swim.
- The highest section of the route is 1800m above sea level.
- The two highest peaks are Babadag at 1966m and Mt Tahtali at 2366m. Both summits are optional on the route.
- The route passes many historical sites such as Xanthos, Patara, Letoon, Demre & Olympos.
- The best times for hiking are Spring and Autumn. Winter can also be very rewarding. Summer temperatures mean that any outdoor exercise is best avoided.
We hope you have enjoyed our Lycian Way Facts. At ‘Lycian Way Holidays’ we can arrange for you to walk the whole of The Lycian Way Route. Most of our guests however prefer to walk a one-week section. It is down to you, as we can arrange a Lycian Way hiking holiday to suit your needs. Whatever time you have available.
Would you like to combine your hiking holiday in Turkey with some sightseeing? Here is a link to our sister company www.bespoketurkey,com We have been offering Turkey holidays to places such as Istanbul, Cappadocia, Black Sea Coast and much more. So, if would like to combine your hiking holiday with some sightseeing please let us know.
Would you like any further information about our Lycian Way Facts? You can get in touch with us here.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Further reading; here is a link for more information about The Lycian Way http://cultureroutesinturkey.com/