Based in beautiful Fethiye, here is one of our new solo mountain biking holidays
Here is one of our solo mountain biking holidays, designed with intermediate cyclists in mind, however we are more than happy to give routes to anyone wishing to go out on more challenging rides without one of our team members. We also allow plenty of time for you to either explore the local area by yourselves or simply relax.
The holiday is centred around the beautiful harbour town of Fethiye. We will base you in a modern, boutique hotel in the centre of the old town district with its charming cobbled streets, shops and restaurants. The town itself is a stunning destination with a large harbour and bay area with mountain ranges on two sides and provides authentic Turkish charm with modern development, huge parks, ancient monuments, extensive shopping possibilities and old and new restaurants offering authentic Turkish and world cuisine. Surrounding the bay are new and old cycling paths that we have used to put this itinerary together.
Our mountain biking holidays have 5 cycling routes that give you the thrill of riding off road whilst showcasing the wonderful views in the area along with showing you some of the more traditional Turkey. Our advice is to not worry about the hills too much; you are usually on wide dirt roads with no traffic so it’s OK to walk!
- Nights: 7 nights accommodation in small boutique hotel in central Fethiye
- Price: £645 / €715 per person
- Includes: Airport transfers, 7 night’s accommodation in your own room, 7 breakfasts, mountain bike hire, detailed itineraries with GPS routing if required, and services of one of our team members for the duration of your stay.
- Excludes: Flights to and from Turkey. Entrance fees to any historic sites. Cost of optional activities.
- Airport Details: Dalaman Airport is your destination airport. We can arrange 24-hour transfers from the airport, it is a 45 minute journey.
- Accommodation Type: Small, modern, boutique hotel in the charming centre of Fethiye old town. All rooms have modern facilities, wifi, air conditioning and ensuite bathrooms.
Day 1 Arrive Dalaman Airport and private transfer to your hotel for the next 7 nights. Free time to explore and relax.
Day 2 After breakfast your bikes will be delivered to your hotel and you will meet one of our team who will accompany you on your rides. All bikes are well maintained and will be in a nearly new condition. The first day’s cycle will take you around the Peninsula; a quiet road with some climbing. This route takes you past a selection of bays and gives you fantastic views over Fethiye and the neighbouring resort of Çalış. As an optional extra you can divert up a track which will take you to the masts at the very top of the Peninsula to get even more spectacular views. Approx 25km (15m) including the optional extra.
Once you’ve returned to the hotel and freshened up, you will once again meet our team member who will take you on a short orientation walk around the local area and recommend some places to have lunch.
Evening arrangements throughout the holiday are flexible – you can choose to dine with our team member and fellow travellers or go exploring on your own, it is totally up to you!
Day 3 After breakfast we will cycle to the lovely village of Ciftlik and explore the area with its olive and fruit trees, traditional Turkish life and tranquil surroundings. We also pass by a family run restaurant in the middle of the countryside where we can stop for çay (Turkish tea) and have quick wander around their quirky family museum. The cycling is flat and easy to start, with some rougher track towards the end. Approx 45km (28m).
Day 4 After breakfast we will have our most challenging day’s cycle yet. We will follow ancient paths to the beautiful village of Kayakoy (made famous by Louis de Bernieries book ‘Birds Without Wings’). We will stop in the village for a drink and you will have free time to walk around the deserted and fascinating ‘ghost town’ before we head back the way we came. The cycle is moderate difficulty with a hill in between Fethiye and Kayakoy. Approx 35km (22m).
Day 5 Today is a rest day where you can choose to relax or we can arrange an optional activity for you. These can be daily boat trips to nearby islands, hiking days, visits to ancient sites, horse riding, kayaking and paddle boarding, paragliding, jeep safaris and yoga.
Day 6 After breakfast we will cycle along the designated cycle path past the beach resort of Çalış and out into Turkish countryside again where we will have a çay stop. On our return we will stop at Karaot Beach where you will have some time to relax and swim before heading back to the hotel. Approx 40km (25m)
Day 7 After breakfast we will head out to some tracks via the busy working town of Esenkoy. After winding our way through the forest we will return to Esenkoy for a drink, and perhaps a traditional Turkish Pide before returning to your hotel. An easy cycle with one short climb. Approx 40km (25m)
Day 8 After breakfast, free time before your private transfer to Dalaman Airport for your flight home.
2nd May – 9th May 2021
19th September – 26th September 2021
*Please note that we require a minimum of 4 people on each date to proceed with the holiday. Dates are also dependent on the current Covid 19 situation and may be subject to change.
- Please do notify us in advance if you have any special requirements for your mountain bikes. We are also able to provide e-bikes, quotes on request.
- Dietary requirements – all breakfasts are included at your accommodation, you will have a wide choice of options for evening meals. We can also arrange packed lunches. If you have any special requirements do let us know we will do our best to accommodate you. For example we have arranged itineraries for people with coeliac disease.
- You are responsible for your own safety on our itineraries and our routes are for guidance. We are not responsible for any accidents that may occur in the course of your trip. We can offer assistance to any guests that need it during their stay in Turkey.
To enquire or make a booking, you can reach us here