One of our road cycling holidays, based in the beautiful harbour town of Fethiye
Here is one of our road cycling holidays. It is based in the beautiful harbour town of Fethiye. We will base you in a modern, boutique hotel in the centre of the old town district with its charming cobbled streets, shops, and restaurants.
The town itself is a stunning destination with a large harbour and bay area, mountain ranges on two sides, and provides authentic Turkish charm with modern development, huge parks, ancient monuments, extensive shopping possibilities, and old and new restaurants offering authentic Turkish and world cuisine.
This holiday: one of our most popular road cycling holidays, has 4 cycling routes that start off with a short option, graduating to some longer routes to really get your peddles going.
- Price: £575 per person based on two people sharing a double or twin ensuite room. Single Supplement is an extra £35 per night
- Nights: 6 nights accommodation in small boutique hotel in Fethiye
- Includes: Airport transfers, 6 nights’ accommodation, 6 breakfasts, road bike hire, detailed itineraries with GPS routing, our recommendation list, and backup support
- Excludes flights to and from Türkiye. Entrance fees to any historic sites
- Optional: We can extend this itinerary to 7 nights or longer and give you extra options on request. These can include daily boat trips to nearby islands, hiking days, visiting ancient sites, horse riding, kayaking and paddle boarding, paragliding, yoga, and meditation. Packed lunches are available for a small fee
- Airport Details: Dalaman Airport is your destination airport. We can arrange 24-hour transfers from the airport, it is a 45-minute journey
- Accommodation Type: Small, modern, boutique hotel in the charming centre of Fethiye old town. All rooms have modern facilities; flat-screen TVs, air conditioning, and ensuite bathrooms. An upgraded hotel is available in the harbour area with gym/pool and spa facilities, please inquiry with us
Road Cycling Holiday Itinerary:
Day 1 – Arrive at Dalaman Aiport and private transfer to your hotel
Free time giving you a chance to explore your surroundings and relax. Overnight Fethiye.
Day 2 – After breakfast your bikes will be delivered to your hotel. All bikes are well maintained and will be in a nearly new condition. The first day’s cycle takes you to Gocek. Approx 65km. Ascent 740m. Around 3.5 hours moving time
Join the D400m, the main artery out of Fethiye, and head to the exclusive coastal resort of Gocek where you can enjoy a refreshment whilst gazing out on a fine selection of superyachts. Plenty of ups and downs to get your teeth into. Overnight Fethiye.
Day 3 – After breakfast head over to Kayakoy & Gemiler Beach. Approx 40km. Ascent 820m. Around 3 hours moving time
After a short cycle through Fethiye, you reach the climb popularly known as The Snake. This well-kept tarmac road will lead you through the charming village of Kayakoy and down to Gemiler Beach where you can stop for refreshments and maybe a swim. Alternatively, you can turn straight around and head back to Kayakoy and enjoy village life while taking a rest. If you have the time, a saunter around the ‘Ghost Town’ is highly recommended. Head back to Fethiye the way you came. Overnight Fethiye.
Day 4 – After breakfast a rest day
This can mean a trip to the tranquil Olu Deniz Lagoon or some action-packed adventure, we are happy to make suggestions. Overnight Fethiye.
Day 5 – After breakfast you cycle the Pasalı Loop. Approx 100km. Ascent 740m. Around 5 hours moving time
Head out on the D400 towards the busy working town of Seydikemer before turning off and cycling through some of the smaller towns and villages away from the tourist trail. Oren offers a perfect place to stop for refreshment before continuing the loop back to Fethiye. Overnight Fethiye.
Day 6 – After breakfast you will have your most challenging day’s cycle. Approx 120km. Ascent 1,000m. Around 6.5 hours moving time
This is the jewel in the crown as it takes you to the stunning gorge at Saklikent where you can dangle your feet in the fresh mountain water as you sip a cool drink. Maybe even take time out to walk up the gorge to admire the rock formations carved out by the water before returning to Fethiye. Overnight Fethiye.
Day 7 – After breakfast return private transfer to Dalaman Airport
- Please do notify us in advance if you have any special requirements for your road bikes. We are also able to provide e-bikes for road cycling holidays, quotes on request.
- Dietary requirements – all breakfasts are included, you will have a wide choice of options for evening meals. We can also arrange packed lunches. If you have any special requirements do let us know we will do our best to accommodate you. For example, we have arranged itineraries for people with coeliac disease.
- You are responsible for your own safety on our itineraries and our routes are for guidance. We are not responsible for any accidents that may occur in the course of your trip. We can offer assistance to any guests that need it during their stay in Turkey.
To enquire or make a booking please click here.
Alternatively, you can chat with us via the green button below.
We look forward to hearing from you.