Welcome to one of our new mountain biking holidays, based in the beautiful harbour town of Fethiye
Here is one of our mountain biking holidays, designed with the moderate and experienced biker in mind. It is centred around the beautiful harbour town of Fethiye. We will base you in a modern, boutique hotel in the centre of the old town district with its charming cobbled streets, shops and restaurants. The town itself is a stunning destination with a large harbour and bay area, mountain ranges on two sides and provides authentic Turkish charm with modern development, huge parks, ancient monuments, extensive shopping possibilities and old and new restaurants offering authentic Turkish and world cuisine. Surrounding the bay are new and old cycling paths that we have used to put this itinerary together.
Our mountain biking holidays have 4 cycling routes that will take you into the depths of the countryside, pass through traditional Turkish villages and wow you with the stunning views on offer in this beautiful corner of Turkey.
- Nights: 6 nights accommodation in small boutique hotel inFethiye
- Price: £475 per person based on two people sharing a double or twin ensuite room. Single Supplement is extra £30 per night
- Includes: Airport transfers, 6 night’s accommodation, 6 breakfasts, mountain bike hire, detailed itineraries with GPS routing, our recommendation list and back up support.
- Excludes: flights to and from Turkey. Entrance fees to any historic sites.
- Optional: We can extend this itinerary to 7 nights or longer and give you extra options on request. These can include: daily boat trips to nearby islands, hiking days, visiting ancient sites, horse riding, kayaking and body boarding, paragliding, yoga and meditation. Packed lunches are available for a small fee.
- Airport Details: Dalaman Airport is your destination airport. We can arrange 24-hour transfers from the airport, it is a 45 minute journey.
- Accommodation Type: Small, modern, boutique hotel in the charming centre of Fethiye old town. All rooms have modern facilities; flat screen TVS, air conditioning and ensuite bathrooms. An upgrade hotel is available in the harbour area with gym/pool and spa facilities, please enquire with us.
Day 1 Arrive Dalaman Airport and private transfer to your hotel for the next 6 nights. Chance to explore your surroundings and relax.
Day 2 After breakfast your bikes will be delivered to your hotel. All bikes are well maintained and will be in a nearly new condition. First day cycle is an relatively easy flat route to enable you to get used to your bikes. You will cycle to the lovely village of Ciftlik and explore the area with its olive and fruit trees, traditional Turkish life and tranquil surroundings. You also pass by a family run restaurant in the middle of the countryside which we highly recommended a stop at to indulge in a çay (Turkish tea) or a traditional Turkish breakfast if you have room after your included breakfast! The cycling is flat and easy to start, with some rougher track towards the end. Approx 45km (28m).
Day 3 After breakfast you will follow ancient paths to the beautiful village of Kayakoy (made famous by Louis de Bernieries book ‘Birds Without Wings’). You will cycle around the village and be able to explore its ancient ruins and more recent history. You can finish off by heading around the Peninsula, past some beautiful bays where you can stop for an optional swim before heading back to your accommodation. Approx 45km (28m) with 685m of climbing.
Day 4 After breakfast rest day, that can mean a trip to the tranquil Olu Deniz Lagoon or some action packed adventure, we are happy to make suggestions.
Day 5 After breakfast you will head out on to the D400 (the main artery out of Fethiye). After climbing a steep hill on road you will decend and then turn off on to tracks. There are numerous view points along this route offering stunning views over the bays at Inlice and Gocek. On your return you can stop at a popular bakery in Çiftlik for refreshment and maybe a small treat. Approx 55km (34m) with 815m of climbing.
Day 6 After breakfast you will have your most challenging cycle of the holiday. You will head up to the charming village of Üzümlü via a tarmac road, where you can stop for çay and watch the world go by. You then hit the tracks and wind your way through the stunning countryside before descending in to the working town of Esenkoy where you can grab another drink or a bite to eat before heading along the canal back to your accommodation. Approx 70km (44m) with over 1,000m of climbing.
Day 7 after breakfast return private transfer to Dalaman Airport.
- Please do notify us in advance if you have any special requirements for your mountain bikes. We are also able to provide e-bikes, quotes on request.
- Dietary requirements – all breakfasts are included at your accommodation, you will have a wide choice of options for evening meals. We can also arrange packed lunches. If you have any special requirements do let us know we will do our best to accommodate you. For example we have arranged itineraries for people with coeliac disease.
- You are responsible for your own safety on our itineraries and our routes are for guidance. We are not responsible for any accidents that may occur in the course of your trip. We can offer assistance to any guests that need it during their stay in Turkey.
We look forward to hearing from you.