Welcome to our new mountain biking holiday option, based in the
beautiful harbour town of Fethiye
Here is one of our mountain biking holidays, designed with the casual mountain biker in mind. It is centred around the beautiful harbour town of Fethiye. We will base you in a modern, boutique hotel in the centre of the old town district with its charming cobbled streets, shops and restaurants. The town itself is a stunning destination with a large harbour and bay area, mountain ranges on two sides and provides authentic Turkish charm with modern development, huge parks, ancient monuments, extensive shopping possibilities and old and new restaurants offering authentic Turkish and world cuisine. Surrounding the bay are new and old cycling paths that we have used to put this itinerary together.
Our mountain biking holidays have 4 cycling routes that start off as easy and graduate to moderate difficulty with a few hills to conquer. Our advice is to not worry about the hills; you are usually on wide dirt roads with no traffic and fantastic views, so it’s OK to walk!
Mountain Biking Holiday Itinerary: Key Points
- Includes airport transfers, 6 nights accommodation, 6 breakfasts, mountain bike hire, detailed itineraries with GPS routing, our recommendation list and backup support
- Excludes flights to and from Turkey and entrance fees to any historic sites
- We can extend this itinerary to 7 nights or longer and give you extra options on request. These can include daily boat trips to nearby islands, hiking days, visiting ancient sites, horse riding, kayaking and paddle boarding, paragliding, yoga and meditation. Packed lunches are available for a small fee.
- Dalaman Airport is your destination airport. We can arrange 24-hour transfers from the airport, it is a 45-minute journey.
Day 1 – Arrive at Dalaman Airport
Private transfer to your hotel for the next 6 nights. Chance to explore your surroundings and relax.
Day 2 – After breakfast your bikes will be delivered to your hotel. All bikes are well maintained and will be in a nearly new condition. Approx 2 hours of cycling.
The first-day cycle is an easy flat route mostly on a new cycle path to enable you to get used to your bikes and familiarise yourself with the area. The cycle path takes you around Fethiye Harbour and out to the neighbouring town of Calis. You will have lots of options for places to swim and a bite to eat before returning to your accommodation.
Day 3 – After breakfast a cycle around the Peninsula. Approx 25 kms (15m)
A quiet road route that takes you all the way around Fethiye Peninsula with some climbing involved. The difficulty is moderate. With great views for the whole cycle, you will pass 12 secluded beaches and bays. Some lovely swimming places and great picnic opportunities. If you prefer, some of the bays have their own restaurants for lunch. As an optional extra, you can divert up a track that will take you to the masts at the very top of the Peninsula to get even more spectacular views.
Day 4 – After breakfast, a rest day
This can mean a trip to the tranquil Olu Deniz Lagoon or some action-packed adventure, we are happy to make suggestions.
Day 5 – After breakfast you will cycle to the lovely village of Ciftlik. Approx 45km (28m)
Explore the area with its olive and fruit trees, traditional Turkish life and tranquil surroundings. You also pass by a family-run restaurant in the middle of the countryside which we highly recommended a stop at to indulge in a traditional Turkish breakfast if you’ve still got room after your included breakfast! The cycling is flat and easy to start, with some rougher track towards the end.
Day 6 – After breakfast you will have your most challenging day’s cycle. Approx 35km (22m)
You will follow ancient paths to the beautiful village of Kayakoy (made famous by Louis de Bernieres book ‘Birds Without Wings). You will cycle around the village and be able to explore its ancient ruins and more recent history. The cycle is moderate difficulty with a hill in between Fethiye and Kayakoy.
Day 7 After breakfast return private transfer to Dalaman Airport
This concludes your mountain biking holiday.
- Please do notify us in advance if you have any special requirements for your mountain bikes. We are also able to provide e-bikes, quotes on request.
- Dietary requirements – all breakfasts are included at your accommodation, you will have a wide choice of options for evening meals. We can also arrange packed lunches. If you have any special requirements do let us know we will do our best to accommodate you. For example we have arranged itineraries for people with coeliac disease.
- You are responsible for your own safety on our itineraries and our routes are for guidance. We are not responsible for any accidents that may occur in the course of your trip. We can offer assistance to any guests that need it during their stay in Turkey.