Lycian Way Casual Hiker
For casual hikers who want to spend time appreciating their surroundings. Enjoying new experiences and partaking in traditional Turkish Hospitality (as well as doing some hiking).
• Price is £420 / €475 per person based on 2 people sharing a twin/double room. £25 / €30 single supplement per day
• 5 days hiking on The Lycian Way, with a rest day in the middle
• Walking difficulty ♦♦♦◊◊
• The Lycian Way follows ancient paths connecting remote villages. The route is generally well marked. It’s not a particularly challenging itinerary though care does need to be taken on a few sections. The hills & mountains are near the sea which means some ascents and descents. These reward the walker with wonderful views.
• Includes 24/7 airport transfers
• All accommodation in guesthouses and pensions with private bathrooms
• Breakfasts each morning. Packed lunches and 3 course dinner can be added for an extra £55 / €70 per person.
• Daily Luggage transfers
• Guidebook, walking notes and information pack
• Back up support on the route should it be required
• Excludes flights to and from Dalaman Airport, rest day activities.
Casual Hiker Itinerary:
Day 1 – Arrive Dalaman Airport, transfer to accommodation (1 hour) in Ovacik. If time then you can explore the beautiful lagoon at Olu Deniz.
Day 2 – Walk from Ovacik to Faralya via Kirme 13 kms, 4 hours walking time
Ovacik is the official startpoint of The Lycian Way, you will ascend around Baba Dag (Father mountain) with great views over Olu Deniz Lagoon and the surrounding coastline. The route continues to the little village of Kirme on the shoulder of Baba Dag then descending through valleys to the village of Faralya nestling above Butterfly valley.
Day 3 – Faralya to Alinca via Kabak 12kms, 5-6 hours walking time
From Farayla you will walk to the village of Kabak and on down to Kabak Beach where you will have the chance to swim. From here you will walk along the valley floor until starting a long but steady climb to Alinca another small village perched on the mountainside with fantastic views out to sea.
Day 4 – Alinca to Sidyma 9kms, 4-5 hours walking time
Today you will start from the village of Alinca before descending on the road or taking the cliff path down to the valley floor. The route then ascends to the ancient Lycian site of Sidyma where you can explore the peaceful ruins.
Day 5 – Rest Day- Sightseeing trips can include a boat trip to nearby islands, ancient city tour or a day on the beach. If you prefer to do some more hiking this can we arranged too.
Day 6 – Walk from Cavdir to Uzumlu 12 km, 5 hours walking time
Today the walk follows an ancient aquaduct to its source. The route forms a large semi-circle on hillsides above the fertile plains formed by the Esen Cay River below. The walk finishes at the pretty village of Uzumlu which means ‘with grapes’. Here you can enjoy a cup of cay (tea) or something stronger whilst enjoying the natural surroundings.
Day 7 – Walk from Delikkemer to Patara 11 km, 4 hours walking time.
The walk today is mostly flat and starts at the Roman engineering marvel that is Delikkemer where the water was syphoned inside large stone blocks across a small valley. The route descends to the incredible ancient ruins of Patara where you will be able to explore and also take a visit to the nearby white sand beach.
Day 8 – Transfer return to Dalaman Airport.
We look forward to hearing from you.