We have been asked by many keen cyclists about whether it is possible to both ‘Hike and Bike’ on The Lycian Way. Whilst you are not able to mountain bike on much of the route, it is possible to combine some hiking and biking. You will get to see the best of this beautiful region of Turkey.
Here is an itinerary for 6 nights accommodation with 5 days of hiking and biking, with a rest day in between. We can extend or shorten this itinerary on request.
- Nights: 6 nights accommodation
- Price: £550 per person based on two people sharing a double or twin room. Single Supplement: £30 per night
- Includes 6 night’s accommodation, 6 breakfasts, 2 packed lunches, 2 sit down lunches, 4 dinners. Detailed itinerary, bike and luggage transfers. Our recommendation list, 24/7 support and daily hiking and biking notes.
- Excludes flights to and from Turkey. Airport transfers, entrance fees to any historic sites and drinks.
- Optional: We can arrange optional excursions for your rest day. This is not included in our price.
- Airport Details: Dalaman Airport is your destination airport. We can arrange 24-hour transfers from the airport.
- Accommodation Type: Twin or double rooms from our personal selection of traditional Turkish guesthouses and small hotels. All rooms will come with private bathroom facilities.
Day 1 Arrive Fethiye, overnight hotel Fethiye. If you have time you can have a wander around the old town and grab a bite to eat.
Day 2 Your bikes will be collected & transported ahead. After breakfast walk from the start of the Lycian Way route up and around BabaDag (father mountain) where you will enjoy stunning views down to Olu Deniz Lagoon. (approx 2-3 hours). After lunch at the local tea shop, where you will pick up your bikes, continue on road through the beautiful village of Faralya overlooking Butterfly Valley. Stop for some tea/refreshments and enjoy the view. Continue on to your overnight stop in Kabak.
Day 3 You’ll hike down to Kabak beach before a long steady climb up to Alinca, a pretty village perched on the mountainside. After some lunch and bike collection you head to another village called ‘Gey’ and then onto ‘Bel’, which means ‘pass’ in Turkish. From Bel you sweep down a long valley filled with olive groves and pine trees. Finally reaching your destination of Karadere and then a 2 night stop in Gavuragli overlooking a pretty bay (*location may change depending on availability)
Day 4 Rest day. You can choose to sit back and relax in the sun with a good book or go on a local excursion. You will be advised on options and cost once a booking has been made.
Day 5 You start the day with a hike from Gavuragili to Patara which includes a lovely 7km stroll along Patara Beach where you can sit and enjoy your packed lunch and possibly go for a refreshing dip in the ocean. You then transfer to Gelemis with your bikes and cycle a challenging 15km or so along the Lycian Way to the aqueduct at Delikemer where you will have time to explore this incredible feat of engineering before transferring to Kalkan for an overnight stay.
Day 6 Transfer with your bikes to the small village of Saribelen where you will then enjoy a superb final cycle along the old mountain road which gives you stunning views of the coastline. The last 9km is on tarmac and sweeps down into the picturesque village of Kaş where your holiday ends. You will meet your driver to drop off your bikes and be transfered to your hotel for your last night’s stay. Kaş is a wonderful coastal village offering plenty of options to eat, drink and shop.
Day 7 Transfer to Dalaman Airport or another hotel if you decide to extend your stay.
To contact us for more information or to make a booking please click here