We have been asked by many keen cyclists about whether it is possible to both ‘Hike & Bike’ on The Lycian Way. Whilst you are not able to mountain bike on much of the route, it is possible to combine some hiking and biking. You will get to see the best of this beautiful region of Turkey.
Here is an itinerary for 6 nights accommodation with 5 days of hiking and biking, with a rest day in between. We can extend or shorten this itinerary on request.
Hike & Bike Itinerary: Key Points
- Price: £550 per person based on two people sharing a double or twin room. Single Supplement: £35 per night
- 6 nights accommodation in twin or double rooms from our personal selection of traditional Turkish guesthouses and small hotels. All rooms will come with private bathroom facilities
- Includes 6 breakfasts, 2 packed lunches, 2 sit-down lunches, 4 dinners, detailed itinerary, bike, and luggage transfers, our recommendation list, 24/7 support, and daily hiking and biking notes
- Excludes flights to and from Türkiye, airport transfers, entrance fees to any historic sites and drinks
- We can arrange optional excursions for your rest day. This is not included in our price
- Dalaman Airport is your destination airport. We can arrange 24-hour transfers from the airport
Hike & Bike Itinerary
Day 1 – Arrive Fethiye
If you have time you can have a wander around the old town and grab a bite to eat. Overnight Fethiye.
Day 2 – Hike Ovacik to Faralya, Cycle Faralya to Kabak
After breakfast walk from the start of the Lycian Way route up and around BabaDag (father mountain) where you will enjoy stunning views down to Olu Deniz Lagoon. After lunch at a local tea shop, where you will pick up your bikes, continue on road through the beautiful village of Faralya overlooking Butterfly Valley. Stop for refreshments and enjoy the view. Continue on to your overnight stop in Kabak.
Day 3 – Hike Kabak to Alinca, Cycle Alinca to Karadere
You’ll hike down to Kabak beach before a long steady climb up to Alinca, a pretty village perched on the mountainside. After some lunch and bike collection you head to another village called ‘Gey’ and then on to ‘Bel’, which means ‘pass’ in Turkish. From Bel you sweep down a long valley filled with olive groves and pine trees. Overnight in Gavurağılı overlooking a pretty bay (*location may change depending on availability)
Day 4 – Rest day
You can choose to sit back and relax in the sun with a good book or go on a local excursion. You will be advised on options and cost once a booking has been made. Overnight in Gavurağılı.
Day 5 – Hike Gavurağılı to Patara, Cycle Gelemis to Delikkemer
Today’s hike includes a lovely 7km stroll along Patara Beach where you can sit and enjoy your packed lunch and possibly go for a refreshing dip in the ocean. You then transfer to Gelemis with your bikes and cycle a challenging 15km or so along the Lycian Way to the aqueduct at Delikkemer where you will have time to explore this incredible feat of engineering. Overnight Kalkan.
Day 6 – Cycle Saribelen to Kaş
This concludes your Hike & Bike holiday.
To contact us for more information or to make a booking please click here. Or you can chat with us via the green button below.