Welcome to our new ‘Dash to Kaş’ group holiday itinerary which we will run in April and October of every year.
Many of our clients have shown an interest in combining both hiking and cycling along the Lycian Way. Whilst you are not able to mountain bike on much of the route, it is possible to combine some hiking and biking which allows you to see the best of this beautiful region of Türkiye.
Here is an itinerary for 7 nights accommodation with 6 days of hiking and biking, with a rest day in between. If you wish to only do a few days you can join and leave the ‘Dash’ at any point along the way.
Please contact us for dates.
Dash to Kaş Itinerary: Key Points
- Price: £625 per person based on two people sharing a double or twin room. Single Supplement: £170. 25% discount for residents of Türkiye participating in the whole tour
- 7 nights accommodation in twin or double rooms from our personal selection of traditional Turkish guesthouses and small hotels. All rooms will come with private bathroom facilities
- Includes 7 breakfasts, packed lunches, 5 dinners, detailed itinerary, bike hire, Bike & luggage transfers, our recommendation list, 24/7 support, and daily hiking and biking notes
- Excludes flights to and from Türkiye, airport transfers, entrance fees to any historic sites and drinks
- We can arrange optional excursions for your rest day. This is not included in our price
- Dalaman Airport is your destination airport. We can arrange 24-hour transfers from the airport
Day 1 Meet in Calis. Cycle around Fethiye’s Peninsula. Hike Fethiye to Kayakoy
You’ll start the day by receiving information about the week ahead before a cycle along the cycle path and around Fethiye’s Peninsula and up to the masts for magnificant views over Fethiye. Then it is a short hike from Fethiye to Kayakoy. You’ll have time to explore the Turkish village of Kayakoy and the famous Ghost Town before your overnight stay in Kayakoy.
Day 2 – Hike Kayakoy to Faralya. Cycle Faralya to Kabak
After breakfast walk from Kayakoy up and around BabaDag (father mountain) where you will enjoy stunning views down to Olu Deniz Lagoon. After lunch at a local tea shop, where you will pick up your bikes, continue on road through the beautiful village of Faralya overlooking Butterfly Valley. Stop for refreshments and enjoy the view. Continue on to your overnight stop in Kabak.
Day 3 – Hike Kabak to Alinca. Cycle Alinca to Gey.
You’ll hike down to Kabak beach before a long steady climb up to Alinca, a pretty village perched on the mountainside. After some lunch and bike collection you head to another village called ‘Gey’ before transfering to your two night accommodation (*location may change depending on availability).
Day 4 – Rest Day
You can join an optional ancient city tour at £35pp, spend a day relaxing at your accommodation or join the free transfer to Patara Beach.
Day 5 – Hike to Bel, Cycle to Gavurağılı
You’ll hike to the small village of Bel, which means ‘pass’ in Turkish. From Bel you sweep down a long valley filled with olive groves and pine trees. Overnight in Gavurağılı overlooking a pretty bay (*location may change depending on availability)
Day 6 – Hike Gavurağılı to Patara, Cycle Gelemis to Delikkemer
Today’s hike includes a lovely 7km stroll along Patara Beach where you can sit and enjoy your packed lunch and possibly go for a refreshing dip in the ocean. You then transfer to Gelemis with your bikes and cycle a challenging 15km or so along the Lycian Way to the aqueduct at Delikkemer where you will have time to explore this incredible feat of engineering. Overnight Gelemis.
This concludes your Dash to Kaş holiday.
To contact us for more information or to make a booking please click here. Or you can chat with us via the green button below. Please also contact us if you wish to join or leave the ‘Dash’ at any specific point.